A BPC referendum process to revalidate the BPC was finalized on July 8th and the voting process will begin August 1, 2020.
In order to best support the ndau ecosystem’s current growth phase, the BPC is currently meeting regularly every 3 weeks. The first election of the BPC delegates completed on April 23, 2019 and since then, two delegates have chosen not to stay on beyond their original term.
There is much more work to be done during this growth phase. For expediency’s sake, we are holding a referendum of all ndau holders to renew the term of the current 7 BPC delegates for 12 months from the referendum vote’s completion on August 15, 2020.
Current BPC Delegates:
Aristarhos Fotos, John Pasqualetto, Konstantinos Pavlou, Peter Avila, Brian Elders, Ken Lang, John Robert Sarson
The Election Process:
- The election begins August 1, 2020 and will end on August 15, 2020.
- All ndau holders are eligible to vote, and the amount of ndau you hold will determine the number of votes you can cast (1 ndau = 1 vote).
- Votes will be cast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject “BPC Referendum Vote 2020” and providing any reasonable evidence of your ownership or control over your ndau. Screenshot(s) of your ndau wallet app accounts or exchange account amounts will suffice and must include account addresses to avoid duplicate voting.
- Your vote must indicate whether you APPROVE or VETO the renewal of the term of all current 7 BPC delegates for 12 months from the referendum vote’s completion on August 15, 2020.
- The proposed referendum will be nullified if 30% of ndau in circulation on August 15, 2020 is cast to disagree with the referendum, at which point referendum will be tabled and we will switch to a longer process of soliciting and reaching consensus on an alternative plan.
- Election results will be announced on the BPC website on August 17, 2020.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Participation by all ndau holders is strongly encouraged. Your ndau, your vote!